Sales Account Manager
Mpeople Recruitment are recruiting for an enthusiastic Sales Account Manager to join a well-established business on the outskirts of Halifax. The main purpose of the role will be to manage a territory of around 80-100 existing accounts and increase this number via new business. The role is office based and will require a degree of telesales, account management, prospecting new customers and sales support.
The successful candidate will be able to use their own initiative to find and generate new leads and business. They will be responsible for closing sales deals over the phone and maintaining good relationships with their existing customers base.
They will play an active role in the sales team supporting the Field Sales Managers and Agents on a day-to-day basis. Pro-actively sourcing and finding potential new customers, diary keeping and covering the field team holidays. In addition they will play a vital role in supporting the sales manager analysing / monitoring weekly reports to ensure sales calls are maximised.
They will need to be self-motivated with a great telephone manner and a persuasive personality who can work both on their own and as part of a team.
As with any sales role the selected candidate will need to be a great listener and communicator, with superior people skills, going above and beyond wherever possible.
They must be comfortable presenting products over the phone. The goal is to help the company grow by bringing in new customers along with developing existing business.
- To provide a professional sales service on a daily basis to customers. 80% of the role is managing an existing customer base of around 80 current accounts from retailers, and commercial/trade customers. 20% of the role is targeting new customers from an extensive database of opportunities and supporting the field sales team with new customer enquiries.
- To ensure all existing customers have a forward call scheduled each day
- Contact potential or existing customers to inform them about a product or service using the existing prospect data bases provided.
- Provide a monthly forecast for your accounts.
- Contact all dormant accounts to either take an order or arrange an appointment for the field team.
- Cover members of the field team when on holiday.
- Assist the Sales Manager with analysis of weekly reports.
- Develop an understanding of your customer businesses and requirements to help increase repeat sales.
- Direct prospects to the field sales team when needed and beneficial for a face-to-face meeting.
- Enter and update customer information in “Sales I” account CRM card after each call using the 3-step method.
- Take and process orders in an accurate manner.
- To assist external sales team by securing appointments when needed.
- Keep records of calls and sales on your daily call report and note useful information.
- To update the back-order reports as required.
- Experience in a sales environment or customer service role.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota preferably over the phone.
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software) and telephone systems.
- Ability to learn about products and services and describe/explain them to prospects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Relevant GCSE with English and Maths
- Salary Details:- Basic £24,000 realistic OTE £28,000+
- 20 days annual leave plus all public/bank holidays (additional holiday buy back scheme – up to 5 days)
- Contributory workplace pension scheme
- Free parking at our site
- Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being
- Range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
- Employee discount scheme
- Long service awards (10-30 years)
If you are seeking a new opportunity where you can really make a difference, please forward your CV for consideration.
Mpeople, are a recruitment business acting on behalf of our clients, if you do not receive a response within 5 days please presume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.