Are you a Materials Controller looking to step in your career into a Supervisory/ Team Leader role? You will be working for a well established company based in Golborne who operate worldwide? The company has a high online presence, has a large client base and due to growth are expanding their team, this is a 70-80% desk based position. Your hours are 34 per week, Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm Friday 9am – 4pm, with one hour for lunch, Salary: £20,000 to £24,000 per year.
Materials Controller Duties:
- Coordinate and control material movements and maintain accurate records while ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Supervising a team within the Warehouse along with delegating and prioritising workloads daily workflow generated through orders, releases for picking, packing and despatch of parcels picking/packing of stock for web orders and look at continuous improvements.
- Palletising freight, labelling and despatching of the same through booking portals.
- Provide E-commerce guidance on orders and stock / customers advice.
- Update and review material database, call off and allocations for shipment and investigate all short shipment or lost in transit queries to completion.
- Verify, inspection and receipt of materials received, investigate and resolve any material short falls.
- Monitor and allocation of bin location and storage of materials and update of systems with changes
- Continually ensure that all materials are clearly labelled, monitored and evaluate for accuracy of stock.
- Supervising a team within the Warehouse along with delegating and prioritising workloads daily.
- Make sure that production is running correctly, jobs are prioritised, check works orders, against sales orders to ensure correct before going to production.
- Work with the Operations Manager for Audit schedules and all information is upto date with the Auditors
- Contributing to the overall success and development of the business.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety regulations.
Materials Controller Requirements:
- You must have experience of working in a similar position previously or looking to take the next step as a team leader/ supervisor.
- Strong communicator able to delegate in writing as well as face to face interactions with the team.
- Required the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines and a positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise own workload.
- Required IT literate with Microsoft Office Packages Word, Excel, Outlooked
- Nice to have, Fork Lift and High rise Order Picking License.
Materials Controller Benefits:
- 25 Days holidays plus bank holidays.
- incentives, staff treats and staff discounts.
- Early Friday finishes.
- Free Car Parking.
- Company pension.