Are you a qualified or part qualified Accountant who wants to work for a professional, supportive and passionate accountancy company? MPeople are delighted to be assisting a well-established business based on the outskirts of Bolton who offers amazing benefits such as 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas shut down, increase in holidays after 5 years’ service, fully paid for Christmas Event, free parking, Salary up to £35,000, hours Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
- Manage and be responsible for the preparation and submission of your allocated portfolio of clients’ self- assessment returns including sole traders, partnerships, and director/shareholders.
- Have a trusted relationship with clients to request information, inform them of their tax liabilities, and answer any queries.
- Communicate with HMRC on your clients’ behalf.
- Assist with personal tax planning.
- Prepare, compute, and submit capital gains returns on UK property.
- Preparation and submission of P11d returns.
- Work collaboratively with senior staff to assist with new client permanent file set up, gathering, and submitting the required regulatory information and update the practice management software.
- Update Companies House register, when necessary, with any changes to our clients’ companies and submit company Confirmation Statements.
- ATT/AAT qualification (desirable but not essential)
- 5 years’ experience working within the tax department of an accountancy practice.
- Have excellent knowledge of personal taxation legislation, process, and submission deadlines.
- Microsoft Office skills including Excel.
- Experience of Sage Taxation, Sage Practice Management, Sage Business Cloud. Knowledge of other taxation and accounting software (desirable but not essential).
- Knowledge of Making Tax Digital (desirable but not essential).
- Strong communication skills on every level to build good professional relationships.
- The ability to solve problems and have great attention to detail.
- Fully paid for Christmas event.
- Onsite Parking.
- Increase in holidays after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday entitlement 20 days plus bank holidays and Christmas closure.