Mpeople Recruitment are currently seeking a Stock Controller to join a rapidly growing and well-established business based in Oldham.
Hours: 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Location: Oldham (OL8)
Other benefits: Advanced holiday allowance and hybrid working (3 days working in the office, 2 days working from home)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-moving stock/merchandising team for a leading home textiles company. Our client are looking for somebody with experience in trend and forecast analysis within a retail or wholesale environment, the ability to interpret information & make decisions to maximise sales and stock efficiency.
Forward Planning Stocks for all customers:
- Analysis weekly/monthly/yearly sales to identify trends.
- Working with Key Account Execs/Managers to ensure their customer forecast/requirements are met.
- Distributing stocks efficiently between forecast channels to ensure all customers’ requirements are met.
- Keeping forecast channels on internal system accurate and up to date.
- Checking and reviewing lines which have flagged as exceeding forecast quantities (PA Hold) analysing and decision making to release stock to fulfil or not.
- Work with internal departments to co-ordinate stock orders for promotions.
- Monitor and report on under performance and or clearance.
- Raising Factory orders and collaborating with them to manage minimums/dyed fabric/Greige.
- Consulting with overseas factories to ensure purchase orders are manufactured within the agreed lead-time.
- Maintaining accurate lead times and minimums from factories.
- Working closely with the shipping department & warehouse to optimise container fills and deliveries into our warehouse
- Working closely with the warehouse to optimise correct stock in the correct location.
- Using current/historical sales data/ratios to plan buys for new product ranges.
- Keeping track of forward sales orders.
- Planning rebuys based on forward sales orders.
- Working closely with Product team to review the weekly Critical Path to ensure new season launch dates are met.
- Month End Sales reports.
- Issue Weekly Delivery schedule to the team, fully updated with most recent status
- Issue Out of stock lines to the team, fully updated with most recent status
- Highlight slow moving or aged stock.
- On demand reports – as and when Managers/Directors require.
Month End Commercial Meeting:
- Meeting with senior management to review sku/design performance
- Reviewing/analysing stock turn.
- Identifying over stock/under stock and good sellers/bad sellers
Skills & Attributes Required:
- Advance Excel skills (e.g., VLOOKUP/Pivot Tables/If Functions/SUMIF)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical capability
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage changing priorities
- Work under own initiative
- Ability to communicate to different levels in the organisation
Please note that Mpeople Recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search