Are you a Purchasing Manager looking for a new position in a well-established family run manufacturing company in Wigan? The business operates in various locations in Lancashire you will be based at the Head Office in Wigan. You will be rewarded with professional and personal career progression, company benefits, supportive colleagues, a well-established client base and several discounts as an employee. Hours Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Salary £32,000 - £35,000.
Purchasing Manager Role:
- Identify and develop potential suppliers in support of growth and operational efficiency objectives.
- Work closely with the Management team to drive the business forward and to give any recommendations.
- Manage the tender process of contracts, negotiate supplier agreement terms with new and existing suppliers and any new terms of business related to the Purchasing Department.
- Oversees the writing, review, awarding, and negotiating contracts in a cost-efficient way.
- Perform research on market changes, pricing, supply problems and develop, screen complex product specifications to make purchasing decisions.
- Analyse supplier information
- Produce weekly and Monthly figures for the Purchasing Department.
- Lead project purchasing planning, including recommendations on procurement timing and quantities.
- Raising purchase orders, run supplier chasing reports and maintain detailed information on stock levels, processing import documentation and relaying to all relevant staff members.
- Retain all records associated within the Purchasing Departments – Purchase Orders, Supplier Appraisals, Supplier Complaint.
- Manage stock to optimal levels; realise inventory cost efficiencies. Organising collection and deliver co-ordinating the movement of stock between locations.
- Checking delivery notes against invoices, signing off invoice prices.
- Searching out products and services to obtain solutions for different projects.
Purchasing Manager Requirements:
- Required to have worked in a similar Purchasing/ Buyer environment in a manufacturing industry or transferable industry for 4 years or more.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally, ability to confidently liaise with Senior management, suppliers, and the ability to provide guidance and mentoring to staff.
- Demonstrated project management experience driving to successful project completion.
- Strategic thinker and ability to contribute at the seniority of the Management Team level.
- Computer literate including Excel, Word, Outlook and ERP/CRMS required.
- CIPS qualified would be advantageous.
Purchasing Manager Benefits:
- 34 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Company mobile.
- Subsidised staff canteen.
- Store discount.
- Company pension scheme.
- On-site parking.