Are you a Purchasing Administrator looking to take your first step into a Purchasing role job role, with a supportive company who will give you on the job training? If so, we want you to apply. Mpeople are working with a well-established Manufacturer and Supply company in Wigan, who are ideally looking to have you in the role as soon as possible. The position is ideally suited for someone looking to progress their career within an ever-expanding Company with ongoing training opportunities. Salary £19,000 - £20,000 hours are Monday to Thursday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Friday 9.00 am to 4.00 pm with one hour for lunch.
Purchasing Administrator Duties:
- Internal / external call handling.
- Dealing with general queries on product and pricing both to clients and employees.
- Input, update and creation of purchase orders.
- Assist with general queries on products and pricing.
- Track orders and ensure on time and correct to purchase order.
- Ensure that all suppliers deliver to the correct timescales.
- Managing replenishment levels to ensure efficient delivery of products to customers.
- liaise with suppliers and follow up supplier/ changes and deliveries.
- Managing existing accounts and nurturing new business.
- General Administration duties as required for the effective operation of the Purchasing Department.
Purchasing Administrator Requirements
- Working in a similar role with a supply chain or purchasing function is desirable but not essential as full training will be given to anyone with a good administrative background.
- Ability to prioritise your own workload, work to targets and deadlines.
- Essential, must be PC Literate with a knowledge of Microsoft office, Word, Excel.
- Good working knowledge of Purchasing Software desirable but not essential.
- Positive, pro-active, and flexible approach and can work under pressure.
Purchasing Administrator Benefits:
- Free car parking.
- Ongoing training.
- Company Pension.
- 25 Days holidays and bank holidays, 3 days reserved for Christmas shutdown.
- Staff discount scheme.