Picker Packer (Nights)– Full –Time – Supply and Distribution – Hindley
Mpeople Recruitment are assisting in the recruitment of a Picker Packer for the night shift for a Supply and Distribution company, you will be based at their Hindley Green site. You will be part of a group of companies that are based throughout the UK that offers supply, distribution, design and manufacturing, renowned in their industry, has global partnerships with a recognised known client base, employing more than 570 people nationwide. You will be rewarded with, a supportive business, ongoing training and development opportunities and no weekend working, Christmas shutdown. The position is permanent, full-time, 42.5 hours per week (12.00 per hour), Monday to Thursday 8.00 pm to 5.00 am Friday 7.00 pm – 04.00 am with a salary of £26,520. + £150 attendance bonus per month.
As a Picker Packer (Nights) your responsibilities would include:
- Operate duties as set out for each shift and work within set deadlines.
- Ensure that the accurate recording of working activity, is maintained, followed, and recorded.
- Unload containers, support the warehouse team.
- Manual handling, assisting in the loading of vehicles.
- Picking orders efficiently and within required targets.
- Assess goods inwards inspections and raise any progressive actions.
- Picking, packing and organisation of stock for orders across the warehouse.
- Using scanners and other equipment to manage inventory and to replenish stock throughout the shift for outgoing orders for the next day.
- Remove any damaged stock and document it, identify quality issues arising from inspections and ensure they are raised and escalated to the Warehouse Manager.
- Adhere to company Health and Safety Standards as set out company procedures.
- Keep a clean and tidy working area and keep the pick isles clean and tidy.
- Report all issues as per company protocol.
- Other ad hoc duties as required by the business.
The Ideal Picker Packer (Nights) would meet the following:
- Previous experience within a similar role ideally within supply and distribution or manufacturing.
- Understanding of manual handling and stock control processes.
- High attention to detail, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst prioritising workloads.
- Must have a good level of IT skillset.
- We are looking for a Picker/Packer (Nights) Operative with a positive can-do attitude, calm and objective with a flexible and collaborative approach to work.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Learning and development opportunities.
Apologies but we can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Picker Packer (Nights).
Mpeople Recruitment Ltd are an employment agency acting on behalf of our clients.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, as much as we would like to, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within seven days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.