Are you a Maintenance Technician looking to work in a well-established award-winning internationally operating manufacturing company? Due to growth the company is now expanding their team, your main function is to ensure the safe and continuous production of the plant by swiftly responding to any equipment failures and to implement an effective preventive maintenance programme. There is a requirement to travel to 2 sites Wigan. You will be rewarded with an employer that are Investors in staff training, current technology, offering a good work to life balance, and a business that supports their staff and local community. Hours Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 4.30 pm, 8 hours per day with a salary of £41,662.40 any additional hours over the 8 per day at paid at time plus half.
Maintenance Technician Duties:
- Provide full maintenance and electrical maintenance
- Maintenance and repair of electrical plant equipment, manufacturing facility along with general building and electrical maintenance repairs.
- Repairs of steam boilers, pumps, gearboxes, agitators and other plant equipment where necessary.
- Installation of plant equipment, valves, pressure relief valves under management of change.
- Liaise with Maintenance Manager to ensure all items required for scheduled shut down are acquired and that stoppage time is minimised.
- Working to corrective and preventive actions in a timely manner.
- Reactive and proactive maintenance and respond to corrective and preventive action.
- Report any incidents as per company requirements and systems in place.
- Improve the quality service by evaluating systems and devising new processes as appropriate.
- To accurately complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner
- Testing and calibrating to Quality Control specifications.
- Comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing and maintaining PPE.
- Any other duties as required by Management.
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- Must have completed a full apprenticeship with Mechanical and electrical bias.
- We require that you have worked in a similar position some experience of working in an ATEX chemical or process type industry, and an understanding of COMAH would be advantageous however, training will be given.
- A qualification in 18thEdition Wiring Regulations (C&G 2382), Test and Inspect 2391 and some instrument experience would be desirable.
- Must have electrical infrastructure systems (single and three phase).
- Desirable CompEx Certification (EX01-04), IOSH Managing Safely.
- Strong communication both written and verbal, able to build relationships, understanding of working in fast paced environments with the ability to prioritise and adapt to change, whilst able to understand process or continuous improvement.
- Team player, hands on approach with a positive attitude to learning and can work collaboratively.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays with 5 days reserved for Christmas shutdown.
- Bupa Medical cover following 6 months' probation period.
- Company Pension, company contributes 3% and the employee contributes 5%.
- Onsite Parking.
- Ongoing Training.
Apologies but we can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Maintenance Technician.
Mpeople Recruitment Ltd are an employment agency acting on behalf of our clients.