Mpeople Recruitment are assisting in the recruitment of a Maintenance Manager for a multifaceted Manufacturing Company where you be based at the head office in Bolton, working with a longstanding renowned client base. You will be working for a company, that values sustainability, is supportive to staff with a key focus on training in discipline, technique and trade needed to develop employees personally and professionally whilst creating a collaborative culture. You will manage the maintenance department, overseeing the day-to-day management, you will have experience in a similar position or you could be looking to take the next step from Supervisor or Team Leader into management. What's in it for you? no weekend working, Christmas shutdown plus numerous benefits, continued development and training opportunities and a salary of £40,000 - £45,000. The position is permanent, full-time, Monday to Friday hours are 7.30 am to 4.00 pm.
As a Maintenance Manager your responsibilities would include:
- Overseeing the day to day management of the Maintenance department with responsibility for 7 direct reports within the facilities team.
- Implement procedures as agreed with the Managers and company to ensure smooth running of the department.
- Maintenance and repair of CNC wood and metal machines, (Homag, Stema, Giben and drilling machines).
- Testing and calibrating to quality standards.
- Resolve any unplanned breakdowns in a safe prompt manner minimising down time.
- Plan and prioritise planned and preventative maintenance daily, weekly and monthly.
- Working towards TPM and ensuring PPM takes place as scheduled.
- Report any incident which the management need to address using the appropriate reporting systems.
- Work on continuous improvement initiatives and ability to review machinery and the alternatives available within the marketplace.
- Adhering to strict health and safety working practices and work closely with the HSE Manager to review and develop procedures.
- Work alongside and support the Operations Manager to assist and contribute to the department's success.
- Supervising the facilities team and ensuring Service Level Agreements are met.
- Work with HR and the Operations Manager implement staff one to ones, personal development plans and training.
- Other ad hoc duties as required by the business.
The Ideal Maintenance Manager would meet the following:
- Must be a time served engineer with experience in mechanical and electrical or hold a degree in Engineering or a recognised work-based Engineering qualification.
- Electrical and Mechanical knowledge, experience of working with plant machinery in a manufacturing industry.
- You will have worked in a similar Management position or looking to take a step up from a Supervisory role, with management of direct reports.
- A sound knowledge of CNC wood Machines (Homag, Stema, Giben and drilling machines), Pneumatic and hydraulic experience.
- Working knowledge of planned preventative maintenance systems.
- Must hold an IOSH managing safely qualification.
- Ensure effective communication including the dissemination of information accurately and timely to support effective team working.
- Positive attitude, be able to man manage and motivate your team to achieve its best, with a high attention to detail.
- 20 days plus bank holidays.
- Employee assistance programme inclusive of counselling.
- Pension 3% contribution, 5 % employee contribution.
- Full PPE Provided inclusive of work jumpers, fleeces, polo tops and safety shoes.
- Company Events.
- Christmas shutdown.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
Apologies but we can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Maintenance Manager role.
Mpeople Recruitment Ltd are an employment agency acting on behalf of our clients.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, as much as we would like to, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within seven days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.