Are you a HR Advisor? Want to work for an international manufacturing company, based in Bredbury? You will be part of a group of companies, renowned in their industry, whose products are designed and developed at each site, innovative, environmentally forward thinking and collaborative in approach with a recognised known client base. There is an established learning and development training pathways/ packages available for all employees. Your main function will be a hands on HR generalist, involved in all areas of the group businesses, to advise, guide and support both employees and Managers in employment related matters. There will be requirements to travel to our other sites in Frodsham and Bolton as required, which initially will be one day per week on occasion you will also visit other group sites in Rotherham and Northampton, mileage will be paid. As part of a collaborative team approach the company encourages staff to submit ideas, to improve processes, working together to a shared company goal. You will be rewarded with, a supportive business, great work to life balance (no weekend working). The position is full-time, 38 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 7.30 am to 4.00 pm and Friday 7.30 am – 12.50 pm with a salary of £25,000 - £30,000 dependant on experience.
HR Advisor Duties:
- Update and maintain time and attendance records, all holiday, sickness, medical and other absences to the in-house HR systems. Escalate patterns in absence, potential long-term absence.
- Schedule and document the outcome of return-to-work interviews and other adhoc meetings.
- Assist with recruitment of new staff by undertaking telephone assessments, scheduling and assisting with interviews, feeding back to unsuccessful candidates.
- Prepare offer letters and contracts, obtain references, conduct eligibility to work in the UK checks and coordinate the administration of the new starter process ensuring all relevant documentation and paperwork is returned. Schedule new employee inductions and conduct them as required.
- Prepare and issue correspondence to leavers as appropriate and administrate the leaver process. Undertake exit interviews.
- Prepare amendment to contract letters and administrate the appropriate paperwork. Ensure all changes of details are updated for payroll.
- Maintain accurate employee records in both hard copy and on the HR/Payroll systems. Carry out annual checks to ensure the information held on file, for example, contact details, medical records, are accurate and up to date.
- You will be the first point of contact for employee queries and provide relevant advice as per company policy. Escalate all employee relations issues, or more in-depth queries, to the HR Manager to discuss.
- Schedule staff reviews.
- Prepare assessment criteria, time and attendance records and ensure the review accurately reflects the feedback given.
- Prepare and accurately document, employee investigations ensuring best practice is always followed and ensure the process is completed in a timely manner. Advise and support line managers when considering whether further action, i.e., disciplinary action, is needed.
- Responding to all HR correspondence in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure all HR spreadsheets are updated to enable prompt reporting on all HR matters.
- Audit staff training records and ensure employees are developing in line with departmental training plans.
- Adhere to GDPR and maintain integrity and confidentiality at all times.
- A HR background in manufacturing, Engineer or transferable industry is desirable, however training will be given so applicants will be considered from other HR backgrounds, with experience of working in a similar position.
- Must hold a current UK Driving licence and have own vehicle due to travel to other sites.
- Experienced in the application of company HR policy and procedures and a good understanding of employment legislation.
- Hold a current CIPD qualification or working towards one, a CIPD Level 5 would be desirable.
- Strong communicator, confident in making decisions, able to delegate in writing as well as face to face interactions with the team and wider staff.
- Ability to coach and develop at all levels across the businesses.
- Willing to commit to ongoing personal CPD.
- Required the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines and a positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise own workload.
- IT literate in Microsoft Office Packages Word, Excel, Outlook
HR Advisor Benefits:
- Company Pension, staff referral scheme, cycle to work scheme, cash health plan and EAP, staff events and socials, free car parking, training and development opportunities.
- 20 Days holidays rising with after one full year of service plus bank holidays (Christmas shutdown).
Apologies but we can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this HR Advisor.
Mpeople Recruitment Ltd are an employment agency acting on behalf of our clients.