£35,000 - £45,000
Our client a leader within their field are seeking an experienced Depot Manager to support the smooth and efficient running of the Service function. They are located in Normanton with free onsite parking and great transport links making them ideally located for candidates from Leeds, Wakefield, Normanton, Castleford, Dewsbury and surrounding areas.
- £35 - £45k salary
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Car and Fuel Card
- Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm with an hour for lunch
- Onsite Canteen with discounted meals
- Free onsite parking
- Growing company with opportunities to progress
The main responsibilities of the Depot Manager are:
- Overall performance of the Depot and the team. Ensure customer expectations are met, exceeded and managed as cost effectively as possible;
- Assess customer damages and provide costings for the Hire Department to charge on to customers.
- Liaise with the Hire Desk and ensure that process is followed with timely controlled picking lists to correctly allocate generators and ancillary equipment for hire.
- Ensure maximum availability of the hire fleet at all times;
- Overall responsibility for the Foreman, the Service Engineers, both Depot and Field based Engineers, ensuring their time is managed to maximum efficiency;
- Provide technical support for sales and service as required
- Identify training requirements for staff at own location
- Manage the weekly service list and making certain that Engineers are carrying out the optimum amount of services;
- Ensure that all job sheets are completed as per the company procedure, to the required standard and within the required timescale;
- Management and authorisation of overtime, holidays, sickness and any other absences;
- Process Engineers timesheets on a weekly basis ensuring strict company policies are adhered to;
- Control and Process holiday forms, self certification absence paperwork.
- Source Equipment for the other Depots.
- Assist with the fleet audit process;
- Liaise with Storeman to ensure optimum stock levels of fast moving items;
- Carry out Tool Box talks and ensure submission by the deadline stated;
- Ensure all hire fleet returned is inspected and booked in within guidelines and any damages or shortages are notified to the relevant HDC;
- Promote teamwork and co-operation within the depot and across the business;
The ideal Depot Manager would meet the following criteria
- Plant/Mechanical engineering qualifications
- Managerial Skills
- Experience on generators/plant equipment/heavy engineering (or similar) is highly desirable
- Good communication skills and the ability to connect naturally with people
- Work well on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to ensure the work gets done in a timely and effective manner
Apologies but we can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Depot Manager role
Mpeople Recruitment Ltd are an employment agency acting on behalf of our clients.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, as much as we would like to, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within seven days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.