Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum
Overall purpose of the role:
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for the day to day management of a purchasing profile including nominated commodities. The job holder may be asked to take responsibility for specific projects or hold larger remits in terms of purchasing responsibility. You will also be directly supporting the Supply Chain Manager with the development of the team and looking at process efficiencies.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Take the lead on supplier identification, contract negotiation and on boarding of successful suppliers including correct creation of SAP accounts, supplier tariff code, rules of origin, conflict material and non-disclosure agreements
· Establish relevant long term agreements (LTA’s) including re-order levels in conjunction with the needs of Production
· Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets to support achievement of production and R&D programs
· Achieve annual targeted cost reductions, improvements in delivery performance and working capital as agreed with the Supply Chain Manager (SCM)
· Notify appropriate stakeholders of any issues with regard to market conditions, pricing or lead times and propose mitigation plans to negate or minimise impacts to the business
· Take ownership and be fully responsible for the management and control of specific commodities as identified by the SCM including appropriate actions to mitigate risk within those supply chains
· Create and circulate forecasts to critical suppliers of intended production volume requirements
· Be fully involved in allocated new product introduction (NPI) projects, following the correct processes and sign offs to smooth the transition from development to production
· Work with production to establish and support the introduction and creation of Kanban / consignment stocks
· Identify and propose make/buy decisions to the SCM, including all necessary information to fully evaluate those proposals
· Provide monthly commodity and KPI information to the Procurement Assistant for formulation into an overall Procurement report
· Provide general support to the Supply Chain manager and the Procurement department as and when required
Previous experience as a ‘Buyer’
Experience of managing global suppliers.
Experience of setting up long term agreements and/or contracts.
Computer literate - Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Strong track record of negotiating procurement / buying terms.
Proven experience of forecasting and resource planning.
Detailed reporting at management level.