ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Halifax – £25K plus benefits
Our client is a global manufacturing organisation with a UK office in Halifax.
They are now looking for and a passionate transactional finance assistant or recent Accounts & Finance graduate with a bit of experience that is looking for the next step in their career. They are looking to hire an Assistant Management Accountant to join their lively team.
- Study support to pay for professional qualifications
- 22 days rising to 25 days with service
- Death in Service
The main responsibilities of the Assistant Management Accountant role are:-
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Create journal entries, including accruals and prepayments
- Period end accounts and support the Purchase Ledger and Credit Control teams with the ledger close
- Maintain exchange rate tables and revalue foreign currency balances
- Maintain fixed asset registers and hire purchase reconciliations
- Analyse aged debtor and creditor reports for balance sheets
- Review balance sheet accounts and be able to explain reconciling items
- Provide support with the day-to-day financial transactional activities and reports
- Investigate variances and provide commentary
- Assist with external audit, VAT and other compliance
The ideal Assistant Management Accountant would meet the following criteria:-
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Double entry accounting knowledge is preferred
- Confident with Microsoft Excel (Pivot Table, VLOOKUP and SUMIF)
- Ability to use initiative and manage own workload within required timescales
- Disciplined and organised with the ability to work under pressure
- Financially orientated with good attention to detail
- Apologies but we can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship
Submit your CV for this Assistant Management Accountant:-
Mpeople Recruitment Ltd are an employment agency acting on behalf of our clients.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, as much as we would like to, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within seven days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.