Are you an Assistant Accountant looking to work for well-established Accountants? Mpeople are assisting this Bolton based Accountants in their search for a new team member due to company growth. You will be rewarded with supportive colleagues, managing your own portfolio of clients from an array of business backgrounds a company that values commitment and the personal approach, ongoing professional and personal development. Your hours will be Monday to Friday 9.00 am till 5.00 pm however, there is some flexibility for an earlier of later start, salary £22,000 - £25,000.
Assistant Accountant Duties:
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 20 clients.
- Keeping all client records up to date, paper files and updating any data on the internal software packages.
- Conducting weekly or monthly payroll preparation and submissions, monthly and quarterly VAT preparation and submissions, monthly CIS submissions and along with companies house statutory information submission for all clients.
- Prepare accounts up to trial balance on an annual basis along with preparation of final accounts using Sage, some management accounting if required by your client.
- You will have to travel on occasion to meet and work with clients on site subject to their request around the Northwest.
- Liase with clients regularly to ensure all services are managed and completed in a timely manner.
- Internal and external call handling.
- Other office duties as required by Senior staff.
Assistant Accountant Requirements:
- Required AAT Level 3
- Must have worked based Assistant Accountancy experience with a minimum of 2 years in practice or equivalent.
- Efficient and accurate data entry, analytical approach, with high attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
- Confident verbal and written communication skills.
- Required experience of XERO, Sage.
- Provicent in Word, Outlook, Excel required and understanding of Hubdoc would be advantageous.
Assistant Accountant Benefits:
- Ongoing training with room for continued professional development following probationary period.
- 20 days statuary holidays increasing one day per year capping at 25 days plus bank holidays. Christmas shutdown.
- Auto enrolment pension or company will pay into your own pension if required.