Service Desk Engineer
REPORTING TO: Service Desk Team Leaders
As the first point of contact for all IT support queries within a well-established MSP, you will be working with a variety of users to resolve or escalate their technical issues in a prompt and professional manner while adhering to deadlines and KPI’s.
• Achieve 100% KPI
o Respond to all new assigned tickets within 30 mins
o Provide response to all open tickets every 24 hours
• Provide responsive support to all customer enquiries and incidents
• Take ownership of incidents and ensure customer communication is clear and consistent through the ticket lifecycle
• Manage your own ticket queue, providing a positive support experience for customers
• Carry out daily checks to backups and client infrastructure alerts
• To produce and maintain full client documentation, ensuring all changes and amendments are accurately recorded
• Provide on-site support to customers when necessary
• Azure experience including but not limited to
o Management of Virtual Machines and Azure Virtual Desktop
o Azure based networking, Virtual Network (VNet), Virtual WAN, ExpressRoute, VPN Gateway, Virtual network NAT Gateway, Azure DNS, Peering service, and Azure Bastion
o Management of Azure based AD instances, user management, groups etc
• Microsoft 365 Systems
o SharePoint management and administration
o Office Apps
o Exchange Management
o Teams Management
o 365 based product licensing
• Working knowledge of Hypervisor technologies such as ESXi and Hyper-V including clustered host environments.
• Active Directory management & Group Policy
• Experience in the management of network switches (Experience with HP, Aruba, Unifi preferred).
• Good knowledge of Networking principles including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLAN setup and management.
• Firewall Management and Maintenance
o Firewall Rules
o Filtering Policies
o Interface management & Load balancing
• Minimum of 1 years MSP experience
• A clear focus on high quality work, with the interests of the customer at the centre of all you do.
• Proven experience of end-to-end delivery of Projects & Technical Solutions.
• Excellent communication skills for dealing with diverse range of customers
• Keen for new experience and to grow skill sets, a genuine passion for IT
• Strong time management skills; demonstratable both in the delivery of projects and in managing your own workload
• Polite, mature, credible, and comfortable in with working in a demanding environment
• Resilience and resourcefulness to work efficiently and effectively when under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Have a desire to be part of an overall team and achieve team goals
• Commercially astute, understanding the need to balance service levels with necessary re-charges
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Flexible, calm, and approachable, 'can do’ attitude
• Full driving licence with own vehicle