Mpeople Recruitment are working with a thriving business based in Oldham that are a reputable organization within the electric vehicles/material handling industry.
Our client is seeking a Workshop Engineer (Mandarin Speaking) to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
Title: Workshop Engineer
Location: Oldham (OL8)
Salary: £28,500 to £32,000 per year
Hours: 08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 to 15:00 Friday
Please note that only individual’s fluent in Mandarin will be considered for this role. Due to the nature of this role, if the Workshop Engineer has any problems with fixing a part or machine then they will be required to liaise with one of various suppliers located in China.
The role will include (but is not limited to):
- Preparation of new equipment for sale.
- Minor modification to existing customers’ equipment when recovered for in depth diagnostics and repair.
- Small scale fabrication of bracketry and mountings.
- Receipt inspections and associated report writing.
- Off-hire inspections and associated report generation.
- Updating their progress on the technical support software (Protean).
- Identification and part number sourcing for all parts required for repairs post inspection.
- Service and repair of vast range of electric powered trucks and lifting equipment
- Advanced fault finding, diagnostics
- Provide timely and detailed service reports
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organisation
- Test driving of repaired equipment.
- Load testing of lifting attachments and lifters.
- Report of Thorough Examination IAW LOLER (Desirable)
- In depth diagnosis (of failed equipment recovered to the workshop) and associated report writing
- Accept and partake in any and all training (internal/external) provided by the company to upskill improve his/her skill-set.
- C&G Pt 1 & 2 in an engineering discipline (or demonstrable equivalent experience).
- NVQ Level 1-2 in an Engineering discipline (or demonstrable equivalent experience).
- Key skills level 1 in English and Maths (or GCSE equivalent).
- Thorough understanding of basic electrics (Ohms law, power equations etc).
- Experience & understanding of IT based diagnosis equipment.
- C&G Motor Vehicle Studies
- Must have an extensive electrical biased ability in order to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment.
- Previous experience with Protean software/PDA.
- Familiarity with Curtis, Iscra, Toyota and Zappi motor controllers and battery gauges.
- Basic understanding of the principles of operation of AC motor systems.
- Apprentice trained.
- NVQ Level 1 - Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- NVQ Level 2 - Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- NVQ Level 3 - Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- Programming experience with Curtis, Zappi, & controllers.
- Some form of supervisory experience would be beneficial as any candidate who shows promise would be placed on our ILM scheme which leads to formal qualifications in supervisory and management skills. This then opens the door to career progression within the company.
Please note that Mpeople cannot respond to all applicants due to the high volumes of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept that on this occasion your application hasn’t been successful. Mpeople wishes you all the best in your job search.