Our client now has an opportunity for a suitably experienced Transport Planner to join the team. This is a new role and so the opportunity exists for the right person to make their mark on a small but dedicated team within the company.
- Talking to customers and dealing with questions.
- Organising delivery of products on an OTIF basis
- Liaising with the production team to ensure product is ready
- Updating quotes as and when required.
- Assisting with the collection of goods by couriers.
- Processing orders when cover is needed.
- Liaising with production to update customers
- Ensuring that what is picked is accurately recorded and dispatched to a wide range of demanding customers
- Liaising with customers to arrange booking slots whilst being conscious of transport routes and other deliveries so we remain efficient
- Ensuring quality objectives and delivery deadlines are met
- Responsible for tracking and managing the team’s performance
- Maintaining statistical records
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- All employees are responsible for ensuring company resources are used in an effective manner to ensure best operating costs
- Be able to make appropriate decisions while following the company’s organisational structure
- Maintaining high level of timekeeping is of the essence
- Carrying out other tasks as may be reasonably requested by Line Manager that are within the role holder’s ability
Knowledge / Experience:
- 5 years proven work experience as a transport planner or equivalent role
- Hands on experience
- Counterbalance forklift license is essential within this role
- Good understanding of MS Office suite is essential
- Some bathroom technical knowledge is desirable
- Working with Sage 200 would be an advantage
- Experience in Transport Road haulage legislation and planning