Are you a Transport Assistant looking to work in a recognised environmental waste management company? Due to growth, they are expanding and Mpeople are assisting in the recruitment of a Transport Assistant. The company offers an excellent benefits package, good work to life balance, a well-established client base ongoing training, and supportive colleagues. Salary £22,000 -£28,000. Monday to Friday 7.00 am - 3.00 pm
Transport Assistant Duties:
- Support the day-to-day operations of the transport division and office functions.
- Updating spreadsheets logging drivers/subcontractors transfer notes for customer billing.
- Checking all timesheets for correct completion and ensuring all PODs are returned completed correctly.
- Ensuring all estimated time of arrivals (ETAs) are communicated.
- Consistently updating all spreadsheets including, but not limited to; changeovers, run summaries, trailer and arctic check sheets.
- Ensure that daily and weekly reports are correctly checked and sent on to the relevant departments.
- Liaise with suppliers ensuring the daily work schedule is updated on Excel.
- Log Departing loads, completing inspection sheets, booking site visitors in and out, updating records on the computer systems, checking and logging drivers details in and off site.
- Resolve and manage any customer escalations.
- Build and maintain a good working knowledge of products, services, delivery, and marketing activities.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
- Manage internal and external calls re-directing to the correct departments or sites.
Transport Assistant Requirements:
- Must have worked in a similar position for 2 years or above.
- Good knowledge of the waste industry would be desirable although training will be given.
- Required proficient in Microsoft packages Excel, Word, Outlook and CRMS.
- Strong geographical knowledge would be advantageous.
- You will need to be numerate, have a high attention to detail and accuracy, excellent data entry, with good problem-solving skillset.
- worked in a fast-paced environment and the ability to meet targets and deadlines.
Transport Assistant Benefits:
- 28 Days holidays
- Team events
- Onsite Parking