Are you a Trade Counter Assistant looking for a new job opportunity, Mpeople are currently working with a well-established Engineer company based in Leigh. You will be rewarded with a company that supports staff’s personal growth with career progression, ongoing training, fantastic supportive colleagues and a Christmas shutdown. The company is a committed family run business who promote, staff well-being contributing to a more sustainable future and are a fast-growing supplier of unique engineering products. Salary £21,000. Hours Monday to Friday 7.30 am to 5.00 pm with an hour and quarter breaks.
Trade Counter Assistant Duties:
- Serving trade and retail customers on the trade counter and via telephone.
- Processing sales orders, payments and quotations using in house CRM.
- Providing product information and quotations for existing and new business clients.
- To maximize sales through proactive involvement with customers.
- Sourcing products, liaising with suppliers, and raising purchase orders.
- Assisting in negotiation pricing of current stocked products with suppliers.
- Providing up-to-date advice on the full range of products offered.
- Assisting in the warehouse, maintaining and monitoring stock levels, replenishment of stock, complete requisitions and manage stock.
- Dealing with any telephone queries effectively and communicating with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to business develop to gain new clients.
- Loading and unloading daily deliveries, when required.
- Any other relevant trade counter duties.
Trade Counter Assistant Requirements:
- Required 4 years of working in Engineering, Heating, Plumbing supply.
- You will need to be numerate, have a high attention to detail and accuracy with good problem-solving skills.
- Provide and maintain high levels of customer service, ability to build rapport quickly, team player.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal required.
- Required, worked in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet targets and deadlines.
- Self-motivated and comfortable taking control, multi-task, managing and prioritising workloads.
- Knowledge of Sage 200 and CRM’S desirable although training will be given.
- Computer literate in MS Office applications.
- Strong relationship building skills both with new and existing customers.
Trade Counter Assistant Benefits:
- Onsite Parking.
- Pension after qualifying period.
- On-going training opportunities.
- 20 days holidays plus bank holidays.