Mpeople Recruitment are working with a thriving business based in Oldham that are a reputable organization within the electric vehicles/material handling industry.
Our client is seeking an individual to join their Technical Support Department on a full time, permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will be working in a service orientated environment, supporting customers incoming calls for information and queries regarding vehicle repairs.
Title: Technical Support - Engineering
Location: Oldham (OL8)
Salary: £20,000 per year
Hours: 08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday, and 08:00 – 15:00 Friday
Our clients values:
- Committed to staff training and advancement
- Value teamwork within the organisation
- Passionate about what they do and strive to be the best in their industry
- Upstanding high ethical and moral standards
- Understand their customers’ needs and aim to create the perfect solution for them
Working within the Technical Support department your role will involve:
- Working with colleagues in Tech Support, oversee the skill-set of the field and workshop service/repair team (including sub-contractors) to ensure that all jobs are completed efficiently and competently, within budget, and to customer specifications.
- leading and monitoring the quality of products from delivery through production to dispatch and resolving any QC issues by devising and managing preventative quality procedures/processes.
- Identifying skill/knowledge deficiencies within the engineering team in liaison with Tech Support colleagues and the Operations Director.
- Actioning, managing and leading technical related training courses to ensure the workshop and field engineers (including sub-contractors) are fully conversant with all products which the company supplies and/or maintains.
- Leads, manages and records all training activities including employee/sub-contractor training plans, achievements, competencies.
- Manages and supports all customers, project managing issues through to completion.
- Ensure that Protean is constantly updated with issues, actions, WIP.
- Supports, advises and trains (including producing crib sheets) the After Sales team with customer enquiries or issues.
- Set minimum/maximum stock levels for the field engineers’ vehicles liaising with the Operations Supervisor.
- Accept and partake in any and all training (internal/external) provided by the company to upskill improve his/her skill-set.
- Assist Tech Support and After Sales’ colleagues with any projects which require their input (as defined by the Operations Director, or Managing Director).
- Be aware of new product developments in the area of the company’s remit, providing input and tactical direction to the business on customer service and support challenges.
- Ensuring all work carried out within their remit is done so in a safe and responsible manner at all times, strictly observing all Company and regulatory body Health & Safety procedures including Manual Handling Regulations.
- Be aware of EHS regulations and updates, cascading these down to the field engineers (including sub-contractors) and ensuring compliance.
Desirable skills & Experience:
- The candidate must have a previous or present technician level, C&G qualification or equivalent
- You must possess a good telephone manner, in order to use your technical expertise to support and deliver top levels of customer service to our customers.
- A H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Experience of leading a small team of engineers and mentoring them on best practice.
- Track record of working as an electrical and/or vehicle technician (7 years +) within an automotive workshop or engineering OEM environment.
- Advanced understanding of vehicle electrical systems.
- Recent practical experience of using laptop-based engineering diagnostic toolsets.
- Recent practical experience of working with vehicle electrical diagrams and system schematics.
- Ability to plan, organise & control time efficiently & profitably.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated with good communication skills.
- An ability to converse in Mandarin, whilst not essential, would greatly enhance your prospects of securing a career with our client
Please note that Mpeople cannot respond to all applicants due to the high volumes of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept that on this occasion your application hasn’t been successful. Mpeople wishes you all the best in your job search.