Mpeople are currently recruiting for a Stock Controller to manage our client’s inventory and purchasing of materials. Stock Controller responsibilities include tracking shipments, overseeing inventory audits, and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing.
To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with supply chain procedures and should have a keen eye for detail, also have strong communication skills to interact with suppliers, clients, and internal teams. You will need to be comfortable with repetitive counting of physical stock and be able to accurately record the results.
Ultimately, you will increase profitability and effectiveness by maintaining optimal stock levels of quality products at all times.
- Inputting and updating stock figures on to Sage200
- Prepare and print picking sheets and product labels for despatch
- Conducting physical stock takes on a weekly basis
- Enter purchase details (vendors information, invoices and pricing) into internal databases
- Place orders to replenish merchandise as needed
- Track shipments and address any delays
- Oversee storage of products, particularly of fragile items
- Liaise with warehouse staff and other internal teams to test products’ quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions)
- Keep updated inventory records (including daily shipments)
- Assist with picking finish products in the warehouse for despatch
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller, Inventory Manager or similar role
- Keen eye for detail
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Working knowledge of Sage200 (Daily)
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good communication and negotiation abilities
Hours, benefits, and salary
- 06:00am – 14:00pm Monday to Friday
- Salary bracket £22,000 - £23,500 (Depending on experience)
- Weekly pay
- Free onsite parking
- Family feel to the workplace
- On the job training
Please note that Mpeople cannot respond to all applicants due to the high volumes of CV's received daily. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this has not been successful. Mpeople wishes you all the best in your job search.