Are you a Senior Process Safety Engineer looking to work in an award winning company? Your main function is the control of all equipment at 2 sites, to ensure they run safely and efficiently. Mpeople are currently working with a large manufacturing company based in Wigan that operates internationally, works with a large client base and due to growth, they are expanding their Process Safety Engineering Team. The company offers excellent work to life balance, ongoing training, and supportive colleagues, along with in-house training. Salary £50,000 - £60,000, Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 4.00 pm with one-hour unpaid lunch.
Senior Process Safety Engineer Responsibilities:
- You will work closely with process chemicals and control engineers to ensure the production plant is setup to provide maximum output and efficient running of the production facility. Carry out pressure relief and general process engineering calculations
- You will be designing plant and equipment configuration so that they can be readily adapted to suit the product range and process. Instituting scale-up and scale down processes and make any appropriate changes to equipment design and configuration.
- Take environmental and economic aspects into account on all design, equipment configuration and processes.
- Highlighting and assessing options for expansion within the plants or look at reconfiguration options by developing and testing process simulation models.
- Designing, installing, and commissioning new production machinery, including monitoring development and troubleshooting, optimising production by analysing processes and compiling de-bottleneck studies.
- Ensuring that potential safety issues related to the project operator, the environment, the process, and the product are considered at all stages, apply new technologies.
- Organise and chair hazard studies – HAZOPs, SIL/LOPA, HAZIDs, coordinate preparation of major hazard risk assessment.
- Provide functional safety expertise to the engineering department, Supervise/mentor Junior Engineers, Apply new technologies.
- Define the Chemical and Operational (Fire and Explosion Prevention) Bases of Safety of processes. Conduct Process Hazard Assessments (PHA) of new and existing processes.
Senior Process Safety Engineer Requirements:
- Required Chemical Engineering Degree or in a similar technical field, background, or qualification and proficient in all areas of process safety along with loss prevention e.g. HAZOP, PHA etc.
- Essential, 5 years minimum relevant chemical experience, effective problem solver, leading problem-solving teams both cross functional and within production Engineering functions, providing analytical and effective actions.
- Required High attention to detail, good organisational skillset, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst prioritising workloads and strong communication skillset.
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing improvement strategies and approaches (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, FMEA etc.).
- COMAH, DSEAR, ATEX and other Health and Safety legislations knowledge.
Senior Process Safety Engineer Benefits:
- Ongoing training.
- Pension after qualifying period, Death in Service, Medical Cover Scheme.
- 20 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays – Christmas Shutdown.