An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Office Manager to join a well established business based in Middleton. Our client, who are a leading supplier with a world wide customer base, are seeking a Sales Office Manager to join them on a full time, permanent basis.
Role: Sales Office Manager
Location: Middleton (home/office working once established)
Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
Salary: Up to £30,000 per year
What’s in it for you:
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Initially office based – mix of home/office working once established
As Sales Office Manager you will report to the Sales Director & Technical Director. Managing a small office team in a distribution business you will be required to deliver sales budgets by responding to in-coming sales enquiries and develop customer relationships. You will be managing stocks and negotiating buying prices through close liaison with suppliers.
- Process incoming customer orders (including exports) and generate despatch confirmations and invoices in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicate effectively with warehouse/despatch personnel and transport companies to assist with prioritisation and ensure orders are progressed within the specified lead-time
- Manage stocks (including product shelf-life) and negotiate buying prices through close liaison with suppliers
- Provide timely, accurate and competitive product and pricing information on all customer enquiries, whilst striving to maintain budgeted profit margins
- Dealing with correspondence, complaints, queries and chasing overdue payments
- Proactive selling of our product range to existing and new customers both from the office and via occasional customer visits and trade shows
- Maintain working knowledge of dangerous goods legislation to ensure goods are despatched safely and with correct paperwork to avoid hold-ups
- Provide basic product technical advice and support to customers by developing product and application knowledge
- Supervise Sales Support Administrator resource
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality with a strong telephone manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high attention to detail
- An understanding and experience of the pressures of working within a sales environment
- A good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and Sage 200 (or similar).
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English (and preferably Science) grade A-C’s
- Experience of processing export orders (documentation, Incoterms)
- Experience of sales of dangerous goods and safe transport of dangerous goods - preferable but not essential
- Ability to fit in and work as part of a small team with a hands-on approach to work
- Ability to multi-task and to complete tasks in an organised and timely manner in the face of interruptions
- Adaptable to changing situations and scenarios typical of a small business environment
Please note that Mpeople cannot respond to all applicants due to the high volumes of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept that on this occasion your application hasn’t been successful. Mpeople wishes you all the best in your job search.