Mpeople Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Credit Controller on behalf of our rapidly growing client based in Denton (M34).
- Hours: 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Friday (2 days based in the office, 3 days working from home)
- Location: Denton (M34)
- Salary: £21,000 - £23,000 dependent on experience
The Credit Controller will be responsible for proactively chasing debtors and managing the business’ sales ledger function. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Proactively chasing debtors and adhere to policies and procedures to ensure timely payments.
- Administering and maintaining the client ledgers in the system.
- Raising credit notes as appropriate.
- Posting sales ledger receipts and allocating receipts.
- Maintaining of the sales ledger ensuring completeness and accuracy of information
- Dealing with complex payment applications
- Continuous development within SAP of customer specific routines and tasks such as, invoicing process, cash allocation & statement production.
- Actively assist Account Management & Operations with queries etc. via CRM and ensure timely resolution.
- Manage aged debtor performance on related accounts, timely payment of invoices when due per agreed terms.
- Supporting the month end reconciliation process
- Bank reconciliation
- Assisting with the purchase ledger
- Raising invoices and credit notes as appropriate and experience of more on-line payment methods such as credit card.
The required traits, skills, and background:
- Previous experience within Credit Control (minimum of one year)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential (intermediate-advanced knowledge)
- Experience dealing with blue-chip/corporate organisations would be advantageous
- Experience using SAP or SAP Business 1 would also be advantageous
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills – the ability to negotiate and build strong relationships, however the ability to be stern yet professional as required
- Effective debt collection skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial colleagues, management team, business stakeholders and with both Clients and Suppliers
- Ability to priorities workloads and meet deadlines with strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High-energy, enthusiastic self-starter capable of autonomous working but also a “team player”.
Please note that Mpeople Recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job searc