Are you a Purchasing Compliance Officer - and want to work for a very progressive, well established, and successful family-owned company who really do care and value their team members? You will work in the purchasing department in modern and spacious offices outside of Wigan. The business is in a period of expansion, are a supportive employer, offering a good benefit package, ongoing, training, good work to life balance with a large client base, and staff rewards and events. Hours Monday to Friday 9.00 am –5.30 pm, salary £21,000 which will rise to £22,000 after probation.
Purchasing Compliance Officer
- Work in the Purchasing department to assist and maintain all regulatory compliance.
- Liaise with suppliers, customers, and other departments, by email and phone.
- Internal and external call handling.
- Manage own Outlook Email Inbox – review, action, distribute.
- Maintain upkeep of BOMs and packaging data of stock lines.
- Keeping up to date with current safety regulations and legislation, in relation to our products and potential products.
- Monitor compliance of current goods and arrange re-certifications. Arrange costing and certification of new goods. Advise on compliance issues, queries, questions, or disputes and seek out methods of improvement.
- Retain all compliance data and records associated In line with company frameworks and requirements including preparing versions for customers.
- Ensure reference sheets and calculation sheets are up to date, with new ones created where necessary.
- Adherence to all company policies, maintain reduction for plastic packaging reduction to align with future environmental considerations.
- Any other office duties as required.
Compliance Officer Requirements:
- Previous experience in a compliance or purchasing role would be advantageous, training will be given in areas where necessary.
- Must have good relationship building skills and the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Eager to learn and investigate, want to build the role and grow within the position
- problem-solving skill set, be numerate, well read with a high level of literacy.
- High attention to detail, pattern recognition with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst prioritising workloads.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets required.
Compliance Officer Benefits:
- Onsite parking,
- 29 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays.
- Great rewards and company events.
- Onsite Parking.
- Company Pension.