Are you a Purchasing Assistant looking for a new position in a well-established family run manufacturing company in Wigan? The business operates in various locations in Lancashire you will be based at the Head Office in Wigan. You will be rewarded with professional and personal career progression, company benefits, supportive colleagues, a well-established client base and several discounts as an employee. Hours Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Salary £20,000 -£22,000.
Purchasing Assistant Job Role:
- Work closely with the Purchasing Manager to drive the business forward and to give any recommendations.
- To accurately complete all documentation, raise purchase orders, run supplier chaser reports, and maintain details of stock levels.
- Liaise with suppliers on matters related to quality and stock levels.
- Ensure new Supplier details are entered onto the system and kept up to date and supplier evaluation meets the Quality Management System requirements.
- Speak with customers, provide pricing both internally and externally, negotiate supplier costs and price reductions.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager on research on market changes, pricing, supply problems and cost reductions.
- Analyse supplier information.
- Advise the production department of any due or late deliveries and all related staff members of pricing.
- Produce weekly and monthly figures as requested by the Purchasing Manager.
- Retain all records associated within the Purchasing Departments, purchase Orders, supplier appraisals, supplier complaint.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager in managing stock to optimal levels; organising collection and deliver co-ordinating the movement of stock between locations.
- Checking delivery notes against invoices, signing off invoice prices.
- Internal and external call handling
- Adhere to company procedures and processes.
Purchasing Manager Requirements:
- Required to have worked in a similar environment in a manufacturing industry or transferable industry.
- Good administration skills, numeracy, and data entry.
- Strong relationship builder, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task to meet deadlines and targets.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- Computer literate including Excel, Word, Outlook and ERP/CRMS required.
Purchasing Assistant Benefits:
- 34 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Subsidised staff canteen.
- Store discount.
- Company pension scheme.
- On-site parking.