Purchasing Assistant – Full –Time – Manufacturing - Bolton
Mpeople Recruitment are assisting in the recruitment of a Purchasing Assistant for an international manufacturing company, you will be based at the Head Office in Bolton. You will be part of a group of companies, renowned in their industry, whose products are designed and developed at each site, innovative, environmentally forward thinking and collaborative in approach with a recognised known client base and established learning and development training pathways and packages available for all employees. As part of a collaborative team approach the company encourages staff to submit ideas, to improve processes, working together to a shared company goal. You will be rewarded with, a supportive business, great work to life balance (no weekend working) the position is full-time, 38 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 7.30 am to 4.00 pm and Friday 7.30 am – 12.50 pm.
As a Purchasing Assistant your responsibilities would include:
- Assisting in a department which includes buying, purchasing and stock control.
- Internal and external call handling.
- Maintain input on systems of all prices inclusive of changes, lead times on in-house systems and Excel.
- Place purchase orders, record all purchase orders, expediate open PO to ensure on time delivery, as per company requirements.
- Monitoring of delivery dates, support deliveries unloading and check stock levels, review and update delivery performance daily and feedback to Lead Purchaser on any discrepancies.
- Work closely with other departments to communicate incoming containers, delivery schedules to stores or any material delays.
- Work with stores and goods inwards on any incoming deliveries, containers and schedules, and any quality issues that need resolving.
- Review and update traded products for weekly planning review, passing discrepancies to Purchasing Lead.
- At times you will be asked to cover for the Purchasing Lead as and when required.
- Maintain customer records, update stock levels on customer forecast sheets, complete order book review.
- Assisting the Finance Team on invoice queries.
The Ideal Purchasing Assistant would meet the following:
- A purchasing background in Manufacturing or Engineering processes, would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
- You will be computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- We’d really like you to have Maths and English GCSE’s at Grade C/4 or equivalent. Any Purchasing qualifications will be an advantage, but they aren't essential.
- Strong communicator written and verbal, have a good data entry skillset, able to build relationships, understanding of working in fast paced environments with the ability to prioritise and adapt to change.
- Must have ability to work to deadlines and targets.
- Team player, hands on approach with a positive attitude to learning, can work collaboratively.
- £21,000 -£25,000.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service.
- Free onsite parking, cycle to work scheme.
- Pension Scheme.
- Learning and development opportunities, referral scheme, staff social events.
Apologies but we can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Purchasing Assistant role.
Mpeople Recruitment Ltd are an employment agency acting on behalf of our clients.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, as much as we would like to, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within seven days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful