Mpeople recruitment have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a successful wholesale business based in Oldham on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client are the UK’s leading designers, marketeers and distributors within their field with customers ranging from major high street retailers to independent shops.
Role: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Salary: £21,000 per year
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- 22 days holiday
- Pension plan
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- Staff purchases and free parking
The main focus of the Purchase Ledger Clerk is to administer all purchase ledger paperwork in accordance with the laid down procedure and deal with all queries.
- Processing of purchase invoices
- Maintain purchase order system subject to authorized controls
- Make payment for all approved invoices by cheque or Bacs in accordance with the company’s payment policy or with terms agreed with the supplier
- Setup supplier accounts and deal with supplier queries
- Review & Reconcile suppliers’ statements
- Bank reconciliation and cashbook postings
- Helping out with month end reporting
- Various ad-hoc duties as requested
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of 1 to 2 years in a similar role preferred
- Computer literate with strong excel skills and computer inputting
- A flexible approach to work and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Please note that Mpeople cannot respond to all applicants due to the high volumes of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept that on this occasion your application hasn’t been successful. Mpeople wishes you all the best in your job search.