Mpeople Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced and proactive Purchasing Coordinator on behalf of our client based in Failsworth (M35).
- Salary: £25,000 - £33,000 dependent on experience and skill set
- Location: Stockport (SK5)
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 07:30 to 16:30 (30-minute unpaid lunch break), Friday 07:30 to 12:30 (No lunch break)
This role will be responsible for assisting the senior management team with project documentation and control, job cost accounting, and scheduling. To be successful, you should feel comfortable taking on many tasks that require various skills, and appropriately prioritizing those tasks' to completion.
- Overseeing technical and engineering projects / Programmes to assure a high level of accuracy and quality ensuring Customer requirements are met.
- Working with teams to translate requirements into implementable tasks with practical solutions and timelines and within budget.
- Collaboration with clients and stakeholders to find and solve any problems in the project plans and budgeting.
- Responsible for cost calculations to determine how much it will cost a company to complete a project or provide products and services to its clients.
- Researching the costs of the materials, transport, labour and equipment.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring assigned technical and engineering projects
- Translating client needs and organising practical terms into required timelines to be met by the team
- Assessing the risk levels associated with a project
- Resolving any problems with the team, plans and budget to ensure that the project flows smoothly
- Identifying potential problems with the project, leading the team into developing solutions and ensuring that they are implemented
- Hosting frequent meetings with teams to build morale and inform them of their daily activities
- Ensuring that all legal requirements are met throughout the project
- Working with third-party contractors to develop viable time scales and working practices,
- Researching the cost of items such as materials, transport, labour, and equipment
- Monitoring the costs at the different stages of a project to ensure it stays within the estimated costs.
Additional duties will include the following:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with contractors and vendors
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers and contractors within a specified time frame
- Preparing and submitting quotations and details of costs for work to be done
- Assisting with bids for new contracts and supporting the activities of buyers
- Supporting Project Planning on creating Route Cards on the company’s ERP system
- Supporting the Operations Manager to ensure
- Supporting Quality Assurance on compilation and review of customer deliverables including Document Dossiers
- Dealing with customer feedback and complaints
The above list is not an exhaustive list, and it is the expectation that this role will be flexible wherever required.
The required traits, skills, and background:
- Minimum of four years’ experience in project engineering, project planning or a related field, preferably from a tooling background.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawing, translate product drawings into actionable process information and develop design ideas and plans successfully.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to cultivate good relationships.
- In-depth understanding of design and visualisation software such as AutoCAD and Google Charts.
- Experience using Microsoft Project.
- Excellent analytical and judgement skills and the ability to develop budgets and track expenditures including sub-contracting hours.
- Initiative and the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build morale among the teams and promote continuous improvement.
- Excellent understanding of customer expectations and deliverables and the desire to produce good quality products.
- A keen eye for detail and a quality focussed approach to producing accurate work are essential.
- Proven organisational skills and a systematic approach to query resolution.
- Proactive and diligent with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and time management skills.
Please note that Mpeople Recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received daily. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept that your application has not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.