Mpeople recruitment have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Financial Controller to join the team of a well-established business, based in the Oldham area.
Role: Financial Controller
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 DOE
Hours: 8:30am-5pm Monday-Friday (with potential for one day a week to work from home in the future).
Holidays: 26 days holiday for the year, plus 8 bank holidays (approximately 3-4 days saved for the Christmas shut down).
Additional benefits such as pension scheme contribution 6%, continuous training & development, two performance bonus' per year and free onsite parking.
Reporting to the Finance Manager your duties will include:
- Perform the month end closing and year end closing for all operational and plant related topics
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports with a focus on operational controlling
- Detailed analysis of manufacturing variances to present recommended actions
- Linking operational changes and events to Manufacturing Variances and KPIs
- Forecasting and budget preparation for operational expenses
- Perform the costing for products (annual / Ad-hoc)
- Continuous improvement program Cost Deployment Pillar Leader and important support for all other WAM pillars
- Prepare monthly prepayment journal entries in line with UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Manage CAPEX requests and control the fixed asset register postings
- Manage IFRS 16 Lease contracts within SAP as required
- Assisting the Finance Manager in preparation of Audit file and supporting schedules and reconciliation
- Leading the financial budgeting process for all P&L expenses and Balance Sheet items and presenting proposals to the Finance Manager for SLT sign-off.
- Supports the Finance Manager with general ledger postings and balances, as well as account reconciliations and you will also oversee all company accounts.
- Manage and respond to ONS requests
- Managing and reconciliation of the Petty Cash including the company policy
- Supporting the finance assistant with expense claims where required
- Working with the Finance and HR Manager to ensure internal financial policies are regularly updated and communicated to employees.
- You will support the Finance Manager to contribute to the efficiency of the operation by providing relevant financial information in a timely manner and accurately reporting
- Ad-hoc financial management projects as directed by the Finance Manager
If you are interested in the above position, please forward your CV for consideration. Mpeople, are a recruitment business acting on behalf of our clients. If you do not receive a response within 5 days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.