Are you a Payroll Manager who wants to work for an innovative, passionate accountancy company? MPeople are delighted to be assisting a well-established business based on the outskirts of Bolton who offers amazing benefits such as Health Care, Duvet Days, Pension Scheme, and a good work to life balance and social events. Salary up to £35,000, hours Monday – Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-4pm.
Payroll Manager Duties:
- Carry out payroll as and when required.
- All aspects of the service and end-to-end payroll process for our clients.
- Coach and train the team, along with new starters.
- Hire payroll employees when needed.
- Deal with complicated complex queries.
- Manage individual and team workload and time responsibly.
- Responsible for payroll distribution to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure individuals have actioned all relevant steps for payroll process each period.
- Support the team to achieve targets and deadlines within SLA.
- Highlight potential problems and ensure that they are resolved to the client’s satisfaction.
- Have a good working relationship with the Payroll Director and other teams.
- Ensure that payrolls are checked for accuracy.
- Be an ambassador of our business mission statement, values, and beliefs.
- Any ad-hoc duties as and when required.
Payroll Manager Requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and good numeracy skills are required.
- Strong IT and administration skillset.
- You will have high attention to detail with strong communication both written and verbally with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- The desire for personal development within the role and company.
- Previous experience in Payroll Bureau, Accountancy, Bookkeeping or Mathematics will be advantageous.
- Experience in leadership or management is desirable.
- Conflict resolution skills when dealing with monetary disputes.
- Good knowledge of compliance and legislation including tax, salary and payroll law.
Payroll Manager Benefits:
- Summer and Christmas Celebrations, Option to buy holidays, Duvet Days, Pay Day Days Out, Pizza and Beer nights.
- Onsite Parking.
- 1st day of school off – when your child starts school (reception) you get a day off to take and pick them up.
- Pension scheme.
- Holiday entitlement 30 days including bank holidays.