£28K -£30K depending on experience
We have a fantastic opportunity for a HR Manager to join a growing business within the Halifax area.
Reporting to the CEO you will play a pivotal role to provide HR support services to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Apply HR and business knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them.
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Work with appropriate parties on reward strategy.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Support the recruitment process – this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
- Carry out new starter inductions.
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Support change management processes.
- Working with 3rd Party legal advisors to ensure compliance to legislation.
Skills & Relevant Experience
- Knowledge of employment legislation and current best practices.
- CIPD qualified – Level 5 minimum working towards or achieved Level 7.
- Experience of working directly for Board Members.
- Highly effective use of MS Office and IT Literate.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Manufacturing/Warehousing experience would be preferred.
If you would like any further information, please forward your CV for consideration
Mpeople, are a recruitment business acting on behalf of our clients, if you do not receive a response within 5 days please presume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.