Are you an experienced Finance Manager who wants real career progression? Mpeople are working with a very well-established company in Wigan who are looking for a Finance Manager. This is a fantastic business supporting several industries. A great company ethos, promoting good work to life balance, great culture, on-going training opportunities and amazing colleagues. Salary £30,000 to £35,000, Hours Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Finance Manager Responsibilities
- Manage a small team of office staff.
- Assist with the maintenance of office systems – such as VOIP phone system, IT contractors and user accounts.
- Oversight of scheduling activities and management of our online rostering software.
- Some HR and training functions.
- General bookkeeping (accounts payable / accounts receivable/ prepayments/accruals).
- Recording financial transactions, providing financial reports.
- Tracking payroll data, preparing employee wages, managing employee expense claims.
- Completing VAT returns.
- Process payments, invoices, income and receipts and entering data into Sage line 50 software and then file hard copies.
- Verifying the accuracy of business accounts.
- Maintaining bookkeeping files.
- Billing for goods sold or services provided to clients.
- Dealing with vendor invoices and tracking bank account balances.
- Credit control.
- Recording receipts from customers.
- Verifying and recording invoices received from suppliers/ Paying suppliers.
- Monitoring individual accounts receivable.
- Recording depreciation and other adjusting entries, inconsistencies and reconciling other inaccuracies.
- Liaising with company Accountants.
Finance Manager Requirements
- 2 years' experience within a similar role desirable.
- Good organisational skills with effective time management and meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with spreadsheets, databases, and accounting software.
- Required Sage Line 50/ SAP, Excel, Online Software Applications and Cloud based system handling proficient.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 management systems beneficial but not necessary.
- Accounting and reporting experience including payroll required.
- Onsite Parking.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Pension following (qualifying period).