Cash book and Ledger Clerk
12 Months maternity cover
£20K - £22K depending on experience
Our client is actively seeking an experienced Finance Assistant to assist with the accurate processing and updating of the Cashbook and Ledger.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Cash book Management
- Purchase Ledger
- Customer Rebates
- General finance administration
Cash Book Management
- Posting and allocating cash receipts.
- Preparing and posting payment runs.
- Reconciling Bank statements on Sage system.
- Reconciling ID ledger and current account.
- Match delivery notes to invoices/credits and input invoices/credits to Sage Purchase Ledger via POP.
- Report price variances to Purchasing Manager/Accounts Manager and obtain authorisation from Managing Director or Purchasing Manager before processing.
- Code and input manual/non-POP invoices/credits and obtain appropriate authorisation before processing.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Cash allocation.
- Maintain information on existing accounts.
- General upkeep of Purchase Ledger/rectify any anomalies.
- Maintain Rebate log and issue credit notes to customers for rebate periods.
- Maintain turnover figures for rebate calculation at month end.
- Liaise with Sales Director and customers to agree rebate queries and resolve
- Other Responsibilities in the Accounts Department
- Upkeep of company vehicle log and issue of monthly fuel card statements
- EC Sales submission
- VAT queries
- Fixed Asset Register maintenance.
- Petty Cash
- Month end and Year end support.
- Assist with Sales ledger as required.
If you would like any further details on the above role, please forward your CV for consideration. Mpeople, are a recruitment business acting on behalf of our clients. If you do not receive a response within 5 days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion