Are you experienced working with young people to assist with employment opportunities? Are you able to advise on training/education and opportunities for the unemployed? If you would like a role where you can make difference and change peoples lives, then get in touch. There is a salary of £27,000 plus many benefits.
- To co-ordinate, promote and deliver an effective and structured employer engagement offer to support the career pathways for young people.
- To engage with our the local business community to develop opportunities for young people to learn, mentor and receive training and support from these alongside brokering real employment opportunities for young people looking for work.
- To work with potential Employers in the design and delivery of the offer and any support staffing attached.
- To recruit employer contacts and patrons to sign up to a good practice charter supporting young people into meaningful supportive employment, education or training.
- To hold a small caseload of young people looking for work, training or further education places.
- Full understanding of the labour market and provide relevant advice and guidance on local job sectors and opportunities
- To provide guidance and offer support to employers across Bolton to ensure their contribution is young people friendly, safe and educational.
- To collect feedback and evaluations from young people about the service and review the offer to ensure it is young person focused and inclusive.
- To collect data and write case studies.
- GCSE’s Grade 5 or above in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Equivalent to at least NVQ Level 4 in a relevant subject; for example advice and guidance, youth work or social care.
- Experience of working with young people on a 1-1 in youth work, employability, social care or an education setting
- Experience of working with a range of Employers to develop opportunities for young people
- Experience of working with young people in employability
- An awareness of the barriers young people face in employment and education
There is a salary of £27,000 plus benefits including: health care scheme, pension, 25 days holidays plus bank holiday and on site parking