Our client has created a new role due to continued growth with in the business and now requires an experienced Database Administrator to join the team. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced environment and support the growth of the business and its users.
Offering a salary up to £40,000 per annum plus company benefits
Working Monday to Friday 9am to 17.00pm
You will take ownership of the overall integrity of data, including validity, assurance, accuracy, and compliance on the internal database management system. This is a critical role that will support the team in delivering high quality service to a broad range of the busy and growing environment.
- Own backup, restoration, updates, patching, management of our MSSQL server estate across the group.
- Manage existing Stored Procedures, understand them and resolve issues.
- Apply data fixes requested through tickets into existing Service Desk.
- Design and implement reporting database including ingestion of data from group member companies
- Define users access right and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to technical users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Assist in Defining Data policy
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
Personal Characteristics (Attitude)
- High attention for detail and follow through.
- Proactive, results oriented and driven.
- Demonstrates customer centric behavior & healthcare empathy
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity
- Exceptional listening skills.
- Personifies our Mission, Vision and Values.
- Team player and individual contributor
Education & Experience (Knowledge & Skills)
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Understanding of database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Ability to work with end users to scope reporting requirements and then delivery.
- Knowledge of PowerBI, Crystal Reports, Qlikview and end user reporting tools