Are you a Buyer looking for a new job opportunity? Mpeople are currently working with a well-established international supply business in Bolton. The company has multiple sites both in the UK and overseas, you will be based at the Bolton office. You will be rewarded with a company that supports staff’s personal growth with career progression, ongoing training, fantastic supportive colleagues, paid medical appointments, company sick pay, rewards length of service, company social events and more. Salary £25,665 - £31,534 dependent on experience. Hours Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm (37.5 hours per week).
- Management of the authorised supplier list.
- Dealing with enquiries from suppliers and clients and establish pricing to support customers and the business.
- Introducing new suppliers as appropriate to meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Be pivotal in providing value for money and ensuring that supplier performance is of a high standard.
- Develop strong professional working relationships with Suppliers / Clients.
- Liaising with suppliers to gain quotes, cost reductions, payment terms, source core products and maintain key performance indicators.
- Negotiating prices with suppliers to ensure that the best rates are secured, track savings, long term benefits, new products and provide supplier reviews both existing and new.
- Managing the assets/stock of the business, ensuring that the in-house database is accurate and processes for withdrawal of stock are followed and up to date delivery, dates and times are correct.
- Answering all incoming calls and directing them to the relevant departments.
- Adhere to all workplace office procedures.
- Maintain good working knowledge of systems and continuing updates.
- Required 4 years' experience in a similar role in supply, manufacturing or a transferable industry.
- Required Excel, Word and proficient in Microsoft packages with knowledge of CRMS or ERP.
- Required excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail analytical in approach and the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
- Maintain deadlines, targets and worked in a fast-paced environment.
- Stong interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- 22 days holidays plus bank holidays increasing with longevity.
- Eye care vouchers, company sick pay, pension, paid medical appointments.
- Length of service reward, company discount scheme, company social events.
- On-site parking.