Assistant Management Accountant
37.5 hours per week Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
There will also be occasions and requests to work additional hours to achieve deadlines and to provide cover for holidays, etc.
Salary negotiable £24,000-£25,000 DOE
Our Client is a leading manufacturer based in Elland, the role will support the management accounts team, as well as the overall Finance department. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is financially orientated with good attention to detail. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this is an excellent opportunity to build experience in an accounting environment with study support to obtain a professional qualification.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare monthly management accounts from trial balance;
- Prepare and input journals, including accruals and prepayments;
- Provide support with the day-to-day financial transactional activities and reports;
- Investigate variances and provide information on financial activity;
- Prepare the month end timetable and support the Purchase Ledger and Credit Control teams with the ledger close;
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and be able to explain reconciling items;
- Prepare intercompany elimination schedules and assist with intercompany reconciliations;
- Assist with external audit, tax compliance and other regulatory reporting;
- Support the finance team on other areas when required, including process improvement activities.
Skills & Relevant Experience
- Double entry accounting knowledge is essential;
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills;
- Confident working with Microsoft Excel to Pivot Table, VLOOKUP and SUMIF standard;
- AAT/CIMA/ACCA part-qualified or a finance degree preferred;
- Ability to use initiative and manage own workload within required timescales;
- Disciplined and organised with the ability to work under pressure.
Mpeople, are a recruitment business acting on behalf of our clients. If you do not receive a response within 5 days please presume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion