Mpeople Recruitment are currently seeking an Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a well-established and reputable organisation based in Glossop within their Finance department.
Hours: 08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday, and 08:00 – 16:00 Friday
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
Purpose of the role: Responsible for the daily matching of documentation and input transactions into the company’s purchasing and purchase ledger. Scanning of invoice documentation and outgoing delivery notes.
- Daily input of purchase orders, good receipts and matching supplier invoices, resolving queries as necessary.
- Deal with internal and external a/p queries.
- Scanning processed documents into archive system.
- Scanning company delivery notes into archive system.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Review supplier overdue letters, investigating the reason for late payment and rectify where possible.
- Review and post employee expenses and branch petty cash, including correct GL coding and posting to purchase ledger for payment.
- Prepare and post manual BACS, CHAPS and cheques as and when required.
- Review daily bank balances and reconcile to GL to provide daily cash flow information when required.
- Reconcile and post HMRC duty deferment account, providing authority for use where necessary.
- Prepare and submit to HMRC details of Intrastat arrivals and despatches when required.
- Prepare and process foreign currency payments including ordering of currency when needed.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliation when required.
- Post to general ledger as required including monthly “standard” journals.
- Liaise with external bodies as required – auditors.
- Ensuring general filing for the department is kept to a high standard.
- Order foreign currency for foreign travellers. Post to ledger and reconcile petty cash when required.
- Provide cover when required for the supervisor role.
- Undertake other tasks in line with the business needs.
Skills & Attributes Required:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a similar sized business (essential).
- Computer literacy - Word, Excel, Outlook (essential).
- Experience of using SAP (desirable).
- GCSE English and Math’s - Grade C or above (essential).
- Bookkeeping skills (desirable).
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to work to deadlines. (essential).
- Excellent attention to detail (essential)
- Good verbal and written communication skills (essential).
Please note that MPeople recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.