Mpeople Recruitment are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join a reputable business based in Openshaw.
Role: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £25,000-£28,000 dependant on experience
Hours of work: 37.5 either 8:30 to 4:30 or 9 to 5
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- please note this company has 2 shutdowns in the year, 2 weeks in summer (last week of July and first week of August) and they also shut down at Christmas.
- Free Parking
The role is office based, and you will work alongside the Finance Manager.
- Enter all purchase invoices/credits on for payment.
- Produce a monthly cheque run in accordance with supplier’s agreements.
- Manage and monitor the Purchase Ledger database.
- Reconcile Suppliers purchase ledger statements to our records resolving any issues that arise.
- Ensure all payments are posted and allocated to the purchase ledger
- Ensure cash received is posted and allocated on to the correct customers account on a daily basis.
- Issue statements to all customers on a monthly basis.
- Contact customers by telephone/email on an ‘as required’ basis’ to maximise cash collection.
- Resolve all customer queries that transpire, this could be copy invoices, proof of delivery, pricing queries etc.
- Manage and monitor Sales Ledger database.
- Enter new customers onto database as required ensuring that all relevant pre checks have been completed.
- Report any problematical accounts due to slow payments, exceeding credit or insurance limits.
- Ensure all debts are insured where possible.
- Maintain the End Column debtor’s ledger and note actions taken on old debts and resolve the queries.
- At busy times of day assist with the answer of incoming telephone call as required.
- Assist with the preparation of the management accounts as required.
- Assistance with preparation of annual budgets.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Any other responsibility deemed reasonable by yourself and management.
Please note that Mpeople cannot respond to all applicants due to the high volumes of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept that on this occasion your application hasn’t been successful. Mpeople wishes you all the best in your job search.