Mpeople recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join a thriving business based in, on a full-time permanent basis.
- Role: Accounts Assistant
- Location: Reddish
- Salary: up-to £27,000 – dependant on experience
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 07:30 to 16:30 (30-minute unpaid lunch break) Friday 07:30 to 12:30 (No lunch break)
Duties will include but not be limited to:
· Manage the end to end company sales ledger process via the bank invoice finance facility and internal accounting system to create and send sales invoices/credit notes/statements to customers.
· Manage the end to end supplier ledger system including matching invoices, delivery notes and supplier payments on the company accounting system and reconciliation of supplier statements.
· Complete weekly/monthly reconciliations of sales numbers.
· Manage the debtor review process: making debt collection calls where necessary to produce an accurate debtor report each week and at month end.
· Work with the Administration teams to ensure all delivery notes are received and recorded.
· Develop and maintain professional and close working relationships with all suppliers to the business, dealing with any day to day queries in a timely manner.
· Administer the employee expenses system collating payment claims with receipts and preparing documentation for payment.
· Manage the site petty cash system reconciling cash and receipts on the company accounting system on a weekly and monthly basis.
· Provide cover for finance team colleagues holiday and other absence as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Proven experience of working in a busy and fast-moving office operation.
· Good team worker with strong communication, interpersonal and numerical skills comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels within the business.
· A keen eye for detail and a quality focussed approach to producing accurate numerical and written report work are essential.
· Proven organisational skills and a systematic approach to query resolution.
· Confident and competent user of MS Office with particular emphasis on spreadsheet proficiency.
· Previous sales/purchase ledger experience is essential.
· Proactive and diligent with the ability to work well under pressure.
· Committed and enthusiastic with a positive and friendly disposition.
· Ability to manage all information confidentially and discreetly.
· Ability to multi-task and time management skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note that Mpeople cannot respond to all applicants due to the high volumes of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept that on this occasion your application hasn’t been successful. Mpeople wishes you all the best in your job search.