Company: Mpeople Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of a leading IT client for an 2nd / 3rd Line Support Engineer to be based in their Heywood office. This is a great opportunity for if you are interested in pursuing a career within IT Support.
Job Title: 2nd / 3rd Line Support Engineer
Department : Operations
Salary : £25,000 - £35,000 Depending on Experience
Summary of Main purpose of the job: You will be joining the operations team of an IT managed service provider , your role will be supporting both private and public sector clients in the Operations team in the administration that’s required to deliver a smooth and efficient service.
The ideal candidate will have experience to work on your own initiative and resolve complex support issues, be a strong Communicator as part of the role you will be occasionally visiting or customer sites to provide support or work on projects.
The technologies & vendors you will be expected to work with are Microsoft server (AD, DNS, DHCP & GPO),Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange, VMware & shared storage, Veeam, O365,Citrix,Horizon,Watchguard, FortiGate , Draytek, FTTC/ADSL, Cisco.and have excellent computer skills.
Position in the organisation: Support Engineer
Responsible to: Purchasing and Administration Manager
Direct reports: Service Desk Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough practical VMware experience in production environment essential.
- Through practical experience of Office365.
- Thorough practical experience of Windows server (AD, DNS, DHCP & GPO)
- Thorough understanding of backup technologies (Veeam a strong advantage)
- Firewall experience of either FortiGate, WatchGuard or Cisco ASA.
- An understanding of networks and a methodical problem-solving approach.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good all-round knowledge of IT rather than specialism.
- Strong Organisational skills.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to be able to work under pressure in a busy environment.
- Microsoft or vendor qualifications.
- Experience working for an IT Managed Service Provider
- Enterprise level knowledge of end user compute to include either Citrix or VMware Horizon.
- Knowledge of iSCSI & NAS Storage solutions.
- Support of Citrix desktop VDI or Vmware Horizon.
- Experience and or Qualifications in Azure
- Auto enrolment into a pension
- Company sick pay
- Holiday’s 25 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Free onsite parking
Please note that MPeople recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.